Viva Naturals - The FINEST Organic Quinoa, 100% Royal Bolivian Whole Grain, 2 LB Bag
Viva Naturals - The FINEST Organic Quinoa, 100% Royal Bolivian Whole Grain, 2 LB Bag by Viva Naturals at Oishii Bento Sushi. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Quinoa, the Mighty Grain Quinoa is an ancient South American staple cultivated from the pristine Andean mountains. It is revered as ''the mother
Product Description & Reviews
Quinoa, the Mighty Grain
Quinoa is an ancient South American staple cultivated from the pristine Andean mountains. It is revered as "the mother grain" and known to be "the gold of the Incas". Aesthetically it is similar to rice, but carries its own unique nutritional profile and texture. Quinoa does not belong to the same family as wheat, barley, oats or rye, making it suitable for anyone following a gluten-free diet.
Nutrition Profile of Viva Naturals Organic Quinoa
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Our quinoa is a complete protein source that contains all of the essential amino acids, making it highly suitable for vegetarians who typically follow a plant-based diet. Essential amino acids are those that are not made in the body, and must therefore be obtained through the diet. The U.S. recommended daily allowance (RDA) of protein is 0.8 grams per kilogram of body mass, or about 0.4 grams per pound. Each serving of Viva Naturals Organic Quinoa contains 6g of protein.
Essential Vitamins and Minerals:
In addition to iron, quinoa contains other essential minerals such as, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and is a high source of manganese. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition indicated maintaining adequate amounts of manganese led to healthy inflammatory pathways and improved joint mobility.
The Viva Naturals Difference
Viva Naturals' quinoa seeds are harvested in the high altitude mountainous regions of Bolivia. Quinoa is threshed from fully matured plants, releasing nutritionally-rich seeds of exquisite taste. Naturally covered by bitter saponins, Viva Naturals' quinoa is de-saponized removing unwanted bitter qualities and offering exceptional flavor. Viva Naturals' organic whole grain quinoa is sustainably grown and sourced directly from farmers in accordance with fair trade practices.
Features & Highlights
- LARGER AND SOFTER GRAINS WITH NUTTIER FLAVOR - Unlike Chilean or Peruvian quinoa, our grains are harvested from the Bolivian Altiplano, where royal quinoa grows in harsh growing conditions, ideal for optimal flavor and texture. The end result? Noticeably larger, rounder and heartier grains that lend a delicate softness and incredible mouthfeel once prepared.
- SATISFY HUNGER TO FEEL FULLER LONGER - Contrary to rice and millet, our quinoa provides a hefty amount of fiber (3g) and protein (6g) per individual serving, helping to satisfy hunger and curb food cravings all day long!
- BUILDING BLOCK FOR PROTEIN SYNTHESIS - As a complete vegetarian protein, our quinoa provides a complete range of essential and non-essential amino acids, helping to maintain lean muscle mass and support enzyme production for everyday health.
- ENRICH MODERN DAY RECIPES - Our quinoa replaces rice at equal ratios and is even suitable for rice cookers! Add a unique twist to stir-fry, sushi and Mexican rice recipes for added nutrition and a naturally nutty flavor in every spoonful. Certified organic and non-GMO, our quinoa is sustainably sourced in accordance with fair trade practices.
- DE-SAPONIZED FOR ENHANCED FLAVOR - Free of pesticides and harsh chemical processing, our quinoa is mechanically de-saponized and triple washed to remove quinoa's bitter exterior. Our customers rave about our quinoa! "This package was easy to prepare. I just gave it a quick rinse and popped it into my rice cooker. It came out great and I couldn't taste any bitterness."
|Package Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.7 x 2.9 x 2.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Viva Naturals, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Viva Naturals
mpn: WF6H231877456999, ean: 6007845906553,
Quinoa, the Mighty Grain Quinoa is an ancient South American staple cultivated from the pristine Andean mountains. It is revered as "the mother grain" and known to be "the gold of the Incas". Aesthetically it is similar to rice, but carries its own u...
It's not a grain? No it's not, buckwheat groats are actually the seed of a fruit! This triangular seed is not even related to wheat, making it gluten free! It is also a complete protein with all 9 essential amino acids. Anthony's Organic Hulled Bu...
If Buck Rogers ate wheat as part of his daily diet, let me tell you, it would be buckwheat. He would throw out the rice with the bathwater, and chow down on this delicious grain. What's that Buck? It's not a grain? No it's not, it is actually a fr...
mpn: 4167443, ean: 0769923956855,
Tamaki Gold Short Grain RiceTamaki Gold - Signature Quality California Koshihikari Short Grain Rice (15 lb Bag). Ideal for Sushi, or Any Other Dish. The Finest California Grown Koshihikari Rice. ...
Korean style White Gaba rice. -Use less water than usual. Due to the quality and freshness of crop, only requires small amount of water. GABA, the short-form of Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid, is an important neurotransmitter that affects the human brain a...